Hand Embroidery Ideas : Hydrangea Flowers / French Knot [Free Pattern]
Today, sharing with you how to using french knot to make 3D hydrangea flowers. The idea is using wool felting to make it thicker.
If you can’t use wool felting so maybe you can use wool fabric or any fabric material to sew a little ball to make it thicker would be fine too.
▼Pattern Free Download:
This tutorial included the embroidery technique below:
►French Knot (Hydrangea Flowers) [in this video]
►Couching Stitch (Glass Bottle) [in this video]
►Fish Bone Stitch (Leaves) :
Feel free to subscribe my channel for more new videos.
Thanks for watching.
I love this animal , whatever they called it llama or alpaca. So I’m going to share Llama/Alpaca Wool Felting and Hand Embroidery Tutorial with all of you. It just looks so overwhelming adorable for me lol I found out a fun facts from the internet.
Llama are related to the camel, and are the oldest domesticated animal in the world. I just let my cute fluffy fella carry a basket of beautiful flowers. Another fact is Llamas are not the same species as their smaller, fluffier cousin the alpaca. (what?!) Alright, back to the track.
I am giveaway this cute fella’s pattern, feel free to download from the link below. If you going to do it in your style, I am glad to see it so add my FB/IG whatever you feel comfortable lol
Today I’m gonna show you how to stitch hair with Turkey Work Stitch / Fringe Stitch. Usually people used Turkey Work Stitch / Fringe Stitch to embroidery tassel flower ?
I saw some embroidery artist used Turkey Work Stitch / Fringe Stitch to stitch girl’s hair, and It turn out so beautiful. And I though It would work great for grass too 🙂
Ok, here is my method to stitch this Turkey Work Stitch / Fringe Stitch. Usually some tutorial would teach without a knot, but I just too comfortable with a knot to started lol
1. Start with 6 strands and a knot, from the back to front.
2. Estimate the length of your artwork and hold that loop than stitch right next to the first stitch.
3. I want my mermaid hair bang on left, so I hold it on left side and put a locking stitch on both stitch to prevent loose.
4. After done the locking stitch, remember to pull it a little bit to make sure it is stable then you may start a new stitch.
5. You can repeat as many time as you like, the effects is depends on your artwork design.
6. In my case, I make this Turkey Work Stitch / Fringe Stitch as the mermaid hair. So I decided her hair with long and short to make it looks natural.
7. Once you finish the stitches, you can cut the middle of the loops.
8. To make it looks more fluffy, you can untwist those strands and comb with comb.
* Turkey Work Stitch / Fringe Stitch “eat: lots of threads, so remember to ready more threads for your artwork. For my mermaid, I used 3 type of red colors and eat 3 bunch of my threads. lol
Enjoy the tutorial~
Feel free to subscribe my channel for more new tutorial video.
Thanks for watching.