Today I’m gonna show you how to stitch hair with Turkey Work Stitch / Fringe Stitch. Usually people used Turkey Work Stitch / Fringe Stitch to embroidery tassel flower ?
I saw some embroidery artist used Turkey Work Stitch / Fringe Stitch to stitch girl’s hair, and It turn out so beautiful. And I though It would work great for grass too 🙂
Ok, here is my method to stitch this Turkey Work Stitch / Fringe Stitch. Usually some tutorial would teach without a knot, but I just too comfortable with a knot to started lol
1. Start with 6 strands and a knot, from the back to front.
2. Estimate the length of your artwork and hold that loop than stitch right next to the first stitch.
3. I want my mermaid hair bang on left, so I hold it on left side and put a locking stitch on both stitch to prevent loose.
4. After done the locking stitch, remember to pull it a little bit to make sure it is stable then you may start a new stitch.
5. You can repeat as many time as you like, the effects is depends on your artwork design.
6. In my case, I make this Turkey Work Stitch / Fringe Stitch as the mermaid hair. So I decided her hair with long and short to make it looks natural.
7. Once you finish the stitches, you can cut the middle of the loops.
8. To make it looks more fluffy, you can untwist those strands and comb with comb.
* Turkey Work Stitch / Fringe Stitch “eat: lots of threads, so remember to ready more threads for your artwork. For my mermaid, I used 3 type of red colors and eat 3 bunch of my threads. lol
Enjoy the tutorial~
Feel free to subscribe my channel for more new tutorial video.
Thanks for watching.